Requesting a National Guard Aircraft (Static) Display
The Department of Defense policy authorizes static displays of aviation equipment for the following public events:
- Air shows
- Dedications of airports
- Armed Forces Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- POW/MIA Day
- Veterans Day
Fixed-wing aircraft (Airplanes) are requested through the Air Force:
Submit your request through the U.S. Air Force Aerial Events website: http://www.airshows.pa.hq.af.mil/.
Rotary-wing aircraft (Helicopters) are requested through the Army:
- Complete sections I, II, III, V, VI and VII of the DD2535 request for Military Aerial Support form.
- Attach your signed DD2535 to an email and send to the Public Affairs Office (MNPA), New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs (DMNA): firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with this request process, contact the Public Affairs Office: 518-786-4581.
To determine if your flyover request has been approved:
- For Air National Guard Aircraft --
Visit the U.S. Air Force Aerial Events website: http://www.airshows.pa.hq.af.mil/
Once your request has been approved, event organizers must request an aircraft through the New York National Guard Public Affairs Office, (518) 786-4581.
- For Army National Guard Aircraft --
A response will be sent by email or fax from the New York Army National Guard Public Affairs Office to the Point of Contact indicated on your submitted DD Form 2535 (block 9).
Notes on Aircraft Display Requests:
- Your request should be submitted 90 days prior to the event to be considered for support. Less than 90 days’ notice greatly reduces the chance that support will be available.
Requests received within 30 days of the event will NOT be considered.
- Once the Public Affairs Office receives your request, it will be reviewed to determine your events eligibility. If approved, your request will be forwarded to an appropriate aviation unit to determine aircraft and crew availability.
- Aircraft availability depends on training schedules, mission requirements and crew availability. Approval of your request does not guarantee aircraft availability.
Aircraft flyovers can be requested here.
National Guard Participation in Public Events (Military Vehicles, Color Guard, etc.) can be requested here.
© NYS DMNA: Requesting a National Guard Aircraft (Static) Display
Page Last Modified: 25 APR 2023