Requesting National Guard Participation
in Public Events (non-aviation)
Department of Defense policy authorizes National Guard participation in events which are open to the public. These can include parades, community days, sporting events, and fairs.
These can be supported with military vehicles, marching units, color guards and speakers. The New York National Guard has one band which is often scheduled months out. New York National Guard units are allowed to participate in one parade annually.
The New York National Guard cannot support fundraising events of any kind, political rallies or events, and private meetings and conventions. Participation in these events violates Department of Defense ethics rules.
Participation in community events is dependent on mission requirements and the availability of Soldiers and Airmen.
- Complete the DD2536 Request for Armed Forces Participation in Public Events (non-aviation)
- Attach the form to an email and send to email@example.com
For assistance with this request process, contact the New York National Guard Government Affairs Office: 518-786-6167.
Notes on Requests:
- Your request should be submitted 90 days prior to the event to be considered for support. Less than 90 days notice greatly reduces the chance that support will be available. Requests received within 30 days of the event will NOT be considered.
- Once the Government Affairs Office receives your request, it will be reviewed to determine your events eligibility. If approved, your request will be forwarded to an appropriate unit to determine resource availability
- Availability depends on training schedules, mission requirements and personnel. Approval of your request does not guarantee resource availability
Aircraft flyovers can be requested here.
Static aircraft displays can be requested here.
© NYS DMNA: Requesting National Guard Participation in Public Events
Page Last Modified: 31 Jan 2017